Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day

If you live under a rock and weren’t aware, President Barack H. Obama was sworn into office today. The cafeteria and gymnasium of my daughter’s elementary school were filled with students, parents, siblings, teachers and staff, all watching the inauguration on the big screen. I took it as a really good sign that [...]

If you live under a rock and weren’t aware, President Barack H. Obama was sworn into office today. The cafeteria and gymnasium of my daughter’s elementary school were filled with students, parents, siblings, teachers and staff, all watching the inauguration on the big screen. I took it as a really good sign that a school full of kids (and my three-year-old) sat still for over an hour and quietly watched a bunch of adults make speeches. Happy Inauguration Day.

Posted by Alexa Harrington

image source

Read the rest ...

0 comments: